Young Friends of AVDAAVDA's inaugural young professionals group
Philanthropically inclined group of individuals
ages 18-40 committed to ending abuse.
Join AVDA in our mission to end abuse, while also socializing, networking and having a great time with all our young friends!
AVDA is pleased to announce that the Inaugural Chairs for 2019 – 2020 membership year are Ariana Grinblat and Babak “Bobby” Yazdani.
About Young Friends of AVDA
AVDA is launching its first Young Professionals Group, Young Friends of AVDA, a group of philanthropically-inclined, young Houstonians serving as donors and volunteers committed to ending the cycle of family violence.
-Access to Young Chef Tickets to the Home Safe Home Gala
- The annual chef-centered, tasting event is an opportunity to mingle with fellow AVDA supporters while enjoying food created by some of Houston’s top chefs, expertly paired with wines selected by event sommeliers.
- A limited quantity of Young Chef Tickets are sold each year. Priority and advance purchase will be available to Young Friends of AVDA members.
-Invitation to End Abuse Awareness Breakfast
- The End Abuse Awareness Breakfast is held in April and provides attendees with an opportunity to learn more about AVDA and the impact domestic violence has on our community. This year’s breakfast will take place on April 17, 2019 at the Junior League of Houston and the keynote speaker will be Dr. Jeff Temple, Director of Behavioral Health and Research in the Department of Obstetrics/Gynecology at the University of Texas Medical Branch. Dr. Temple will speak on “Prevention of Teen Dating Violence and the Impact of Domestic Violence on Youth.”
-Socials and networking events
- Join us for a Happy Hour at Eloise Nichols on Wednesday, March 27! Sip, socialize and snack all while learning about AVDA’s mission to end abuse.
- Be sure to join and check our Facebook page to stay up to date on upcoming events!
-Organized volunteer opportunities to support AVDA’s clients
- Serving 12,419 adult and child victims of abuse in 2017, AVDA heavily relies on volunteer engagement to give our clients the chance to begin again. We are currently reinvigorating a program for employed or retired attorneys to volunteer their time, specifically to initiate and complete service by publication in some of our clients’ cases, to lighten the load of AVDA’s attorney and paralegal teams. Other volunteer opportunities include holiday drives for families, goodie bags for our Camp Carefree families and gift card drives for our Emergency Assistance Fund.
Safety alert: Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear. If you are afraid that your internet or computer usage might be monitored, use a safer computer, call your local hotline, or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.
1001 Texas Ave., Suite 600 Houston, TX 77002
F: 713-715-6935 | 713-715-6945
1001 Texas Ave., Suite 600 Houston, TX 77002 P: 713-224-9911 F: 713-715-6935 | 713-715-6945